When it comes to online advertising, there are two giants in the field: Google Ads and Facebook Advertising. While both platforms have their merits, there are several reasons why Google Ads may be a better option for your business.
Here are 10 benefits that make Google Ads a more worthwhile investment than Facebook’s solution.
1. Intent-based targeting: Google ad campaigns allow you to target people who are actively searching for products or services that you sell.
Example: Let’s take a local Noosa surf shop as an example. They could target keywords like “surfboards Noosa” or “wetsuits for sale Noosa”. This means that the business is more likely to reach people who are already interested in buying surf gear, locally, resulting in higher-quality leads.
2. Large reach: Google is the most widely used search engine in the world, meaning it has a massive reach. With billions of searches conducted on Google every day, you have the potential to reach a bigger audience with their ads.
3. Cost-effective: Like Facebook, Google Ads operates on a pay-per-click (PPC) model, which means you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. The advantage Google has over Facebook in this area is the increased control offered, making your efforts more likely to succeed and therefore be more cost-effective.
4. High-quality leads: Because Google targets people who are actively searching for products or services, you are more likely to generate high-quality leads. These leads are more likely to convert into paying customers, making Google campaigns a valuable investment for your business.
5. Variety of ad formats: Google Ads offers a variety of ad formats, including search ads, display ads, video ads, and more. This allows businesses to choose the format that works best for their specific goals and target audience.
Example: Sticking with our surf shop example, shopping ads could be particularly effective, as these ads display the shop’s products with images, prices, and descriptions, before the text ads and organic results. The product photos offer instant visual cues, and they’re golden.
6. Remarketing: Remarketing allows businesses to target users who have previously interacted with their website or ads. This can be a powerful tool for re-engaging potential customers and boosting conversions. In our opinion, Google Ads are ahead of Facebook here due to their ability to target across multiple platforms.
7. Detailed measurable results: Google Ads provides businesses with detailed metrics on the performance of their campaigns. This allows businesses to track their ROI and make data-driven decisions about their advertising strategy. All cards on the table… the fine print here is the fact that their data isn’t the easiest to digest, but never fear, our interactive marketing dashboards solve this problem for you.
8. Industry-specific targeting: Google Ads offers a wider range of targeting options that are specific to certain industries.
9. Local targeting: For businesses with a local focus, Google Ads offers a stronger ability to target users in specific geographic areas. This can be a valuable tool for businesses that rely on foot traffic or local customers.
Example: Google Ads allows the surf shop to target users in specific geographic areas, coupled with their search intent, such as Noosa and surrounding suburbs. This is particularly valuable for a local business like a surf shop, as it allows them to reach potential customers who are nearby and more likely to visit the store.
10. Larger search network: Google Ads has a much larger search network than Facebook Ads, with the ability to reach users on Google search results pages, Google Maps, and Google partner websites.
So, while Facebook Advertising can be a valuable tool for businesses looking to reach a specific audience, Google Ads offers a range of benefits that make it a better option for many businesses.
Ultimately, the best advertising platform will depend on your specific marketing goals and audience, so do your research, or get in touch so we can figure out the best way forward for you.