Many Brisbane companies work with multiple social media platforms, from Facebook and Twitter, to Pinterest and Instagram.
Whether you’re a digital agency managing clients platforms, or small business managing your own blog, it’s important to ensure these efforts are a positive extension of your brand. Social media platforms regularly update their websites, including the image dimensions that you need to use when posting, so it can be tricky to remember (or try to figure out) the correct image dimensions for 2017, for each website.
Incorrect sizing can result in your social media efforts being watered down with a blurry or pixilated image, leading to a poor impression of your brand. To avoid these hiccups, we’ve uploaded the 2017 images dimensions guidelines for you to follow. We’ve included information for Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest, Tumblr, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram. We’ve also packaged up all 8 platforms image dimensions, in one file, for those wanting to download the entire collection of 2017 social media image sizes cheat sheet.
- Facebook Cover Photo dimensions: 828 x 315 px
- Facebook Profile Image dimensions: 180 x 180 px
- Facebook Shared Image dimensions: 1200 x 630 px
- Facebook Shared Link dimensions: 1200 x 627 px
- Facebook Highlighted Image dimensions: 1200 x 717 px
You’ll also like: How to add a URL to your Facebook post to drive more traffic to your website and improve SEO
- Google Plus Profile Image dimensions: 250 x 250 px
- Google Plus Cover Image dimensions: 1080 x 608 px
- Google Plus Shared Image dimensions: 497 x 279 px or 150 x 150 px
- Twitter Header Photo dimensions: 1500 x 500 px
- Twitter Profile Photo dimensions: 400 x 400 px
- Twitter In-Stream Photo dimensions: 440 x 220 px
- Pinterest Profile Image dimensions: 165 x 165 px
- Pinterest Board Display dimensions: 222 x 150 px
- Pinterest Pin dimensions: 238 width
- Tumblr Profile Image dimensions: 128 x 128 px
- Tumblr Image Post dimensions: 570 x 570 px
- LinkedIn Standard Logo dimensions: 400 x 400 px
- LinkedIn Background image dimensions: 1400 x 425
- LinkedIn Profile Image dimensions: 400 x 400 px
- LinkedIn Square Logo dimensions: 60 x 60 px
- LinkedIn Career Cover Photo dimensions: 974 x 300 px
- LinkedIn Business Banner Image dimensions: 646 x 220 px
- YouTube Channel Cover Photo dimensions: 2560 x 1440 px
- YouTube Video Upload dimensions: 1280 x 760 px
You’ll also like: Learn how to embed YouTube videos into your WordPress website, to increase engagement on your website.
- Instagram Profile Image dimensions: 110 x 110 px
- Instagram Photo Thumbnail dimensions: 161 x 161 px
- Instagram Photo dimensions: 1080 x 1080 px
Subscribe to our News to be the first to receive free SEO tips and advice, industry updates and Phancybox news.